Further to the Government’s COVID-19: Guidance for managing playgrounds, issued on 26th June 2020 and in line with our principal authority Harrogate Borough Council, we have re-opened Jubilee Recreation Field and the childrens play area from July 4th 2020.
As required by the above guidance, we have:
- carried out a site inspection, which is available here,
- carried out remedial works as identified in the inspection report,
- carried out a Corvid-19 risk assessment, which is available here,
- prepared and erected signage on the site, which can be seen here.
For your own safety we ask that you please observe the following when visiting the play area:
- Play equipment restricted to Under 14 years only,
- 1 family member to accompany 1 child,
- To enable as many children to use the play equipment, please limit play to 1 hour if busy,
- Maintain at least 2m distance from other users – e.g. pushing swings,
- Sanitise your hands before, during and after using the play area, especially after touching play equipment and the access gates,
- When using the equipment do not touch your face,
- Wash your hands thoroughly when you get home,
- Consumption of food and drink within the play area is not permitted,
- Please use bins provided or take your litter home.
Whilst all possible practical measures have been put in place, the user of this equipment does so at their own choice. The government public health guidelines are a considerable challenge to small Parish Councils like us and it is not feasible for us to provide the following:
- Provision of Stewards,
- Arrange a booking system,
- Relocate equipment for social distancing,
- Clean equipment daily,
- Provide cleaning equipment,
- Create entrance and exits routes.
Please be patient and kind – we all deserve to play safely