The Parish Council has a vacancy for a Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer. The hours are 4 hours per week (days/times flexible when required). The salary is based upon National Joint Council (NJC) salary point 15 which at 2019-2020 rates is £18,797.48 per annum for a 37 hour week. The pro rata salary is £2,032.16 per annum, which is £9.77 per hour. 2020-2021 rates are still subject to negotiations between Central Government and the public sector unions.
We are a friendly Council, who are keen to make a positive difference to our Parish. We have ongoing initiatives and are looking for a Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer to support the efficient and effective running of the Parish Council.
As well as being friendly, enthusiastic, well organised and calm, we are looking for someone who:
- has excellent people skills, including the ability to work with Councillors, members of the public and third party organisations,
- is proficient with the use of email, word processing and spreadsheet maintenance,
- Is an accurate record keeper, well organised and able to meet deadlines,
- will, with appropriate training be able to deal with the day to day management of the Parish Council including updating the website,
- Can identify funding opportunities and help prepare applications for grants funding,
- With training and support, ensure the smooth running of the Parish Council and suggest new ideas or working practices,
- Will undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time and which may involve additional evening or daytime meetings.
The job is carried out from home and the successful candidate may be expected to start working towards obtaining CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration) if it is felt to be necessary in the future and once they have completed the initial 6 month training period.
Please contact Helen North (Chair), via phone (01423 340650) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to know more about the vacancy.